Head of Communications | Prospect Heights Public Library District
Posted on Jun 29, 2020
The Prospect Heights Public Library District believes our employees are our greatest asset in meeting our mission of linking our community with the world of ideas.
We are seeking a Communications Professional to join our team. The Head of Communications will manage the Communications Department including planning, budgeting for, developing, implementing, and evaluating the department’s services, technology, and personnel. The Head of Communications will coordinate the development of a consistent voice and will implement the Library’s comprehensive communication strategy.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop and implement a communications strategy that supports the Library’s strategic plan.
- Collaborate with the other Library departments on promotion of programs, community events, and external communications.
- Write, edit and proof content of outgoing printed, video and electronic materials.
- Oversee Communications staff work on design, development of content and production of marketing materials.
- Oversee the Library’s website content and social media
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or Communications or has 5 years of professional experience in Communications, Public Relations or Marketing
- Two years of supervisory experience
- Library/governmental or non-profit experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign software
- Advanced communications and proofreading skills
Prospect Heights Public Library District
12 N. Elm St.
Prospect Heights, IL 60070-1450
How to apply
Please send resume and letter of interest to Alex Todd at firstname.lastname@example.org