Head of Technical Services | Cicero Public Library
Posted on Jun 15, 2020
The Cicero Public Library is seeking an innovative, detail-oriented member to lead the Technical Services Department. This position engages in materials management throughout the library, as well as, the administration, coordination and the operational efficiency of acquisitions, cataloging and processing.
This position is responsible for copy cataloging and assigning classification numbers to library materials in English and Spanish. This position ensures materials are accessible via the online library catalog and findable for patrons.
Essential functions and responsibilities of this position include
- Motivates and leads the Technical Services team
- Assign call numbers in accordance of local practice
- Apply current national, consortial and local cataloging rules, standards and practices
- Order selection of various library materials and office building supplies
- Maintaining the materials budget allocation
- Monthly reports to the Board of Trustees
- Participates in management team meetings
- Attends workshops to enhance job skills
- Master’s Degree in library science from ALA-accredited institution preferred
- Or LTA certificate with five years library cataloging experience
- Currently enrolled MLIS students strongly encouraged to apply
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Must be able to speak, hear, comprehend and respond to staff, customers, and the public both in person and telephone conversations
- Must have visual ability to see computer screens
- Must be able to manipulate computer keyboard, and other equipment
- May require sitting for long periods of time
- Moving/lifting requirement up to 35lbs.
- Must have reliable means of transportation to attend meetings and conferences in other locations
Cicero Public Library
5225 W. Cermak Rd.
Cicero, IL 60804
How to apply
Email Cover Letter and Resume to: