Diversity and Engagement Librarian/Assistant or Associate Professor | Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
Posted on Feb 7, 2020
Library & Information Services (LIS) at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (SIUE) invites applications from collaborative, innovative, and student-centered candidates for the position of Diversity and Engagement Librarian. Reporting to the Dean of LIS, the successful candidate will establish partnerships with the Office of Institutional Diversity and Inclusion (IDI), academic departments, student organizations, and other campus offices to identify opportunities for collaborative programming. The Diversity and Engagement Librarian creates programs and services that employ high impact practices to engage traditionally underrepresented student populations. To build and support a community, the Diversity and Engagement Librarian promotes library spaces and creates opportunities for academic conversations, research collaborations, and social engagements. With a deep understanding of the challenges of diversity and equity in higher education, this librarian contributes to LIS’ outreach activities to increase connections on campus.
- Master’s degree in library science or library and information science from an ALA accredited university.
- Demonstrated relevant experience, including advancing diversity, equity, inclusion and awareness.
- Ability to communicate with and relate to an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community.
- Knowledge of effective program development, including goal setting and outcomes evaluation.
- Experience discussing and presenting on sensitive topics to varied audiences; assessing training and support needs.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish positive and productive collaborations working with diverse audiences and colleagues throughout LIS and beyond.
- Ability to advance multiple projects in a team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work.
- Experience applying for and administering grants and/or foundation awards.
- Experience using social media for outreach.
We strongly encourage those who are passionate about fostering diverse, inclusive, and equitable libraries to apply. We are committed to helping our future colleague develop these preferred skills.
Minimum of $50,000. Negotiable dependent upon credentials and experience. We welcome early career librarians. Salary is dependent upon post-MLS experience and credentials. Excellent benefits program.
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
Campus Box 1063
Edwardsville, IL 62026