Information Services Librarian | Aurora University
Posted on Feb 6, 2020
The Information Services Librarian supports learning by providing student centered instruction and reference services. The Information Services Librarian is a versatile and imaginative librarian who can develop and deliver appropriate information literacy instruction with a keen awareness of new technologies whose main responsibilities are to be a liaison to academic departments and schools and provide high quality student oriented reference services.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers, and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handles all information with tact and discretion and recognizes the confidential nature of university business.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works with academic departments and schools to create information literacy instruction that aligns with curriculum. Must be able to develop strong working relationships with faculty and students.
- Proven effectiveness in delivering information literacy instruction. Knowledge of face to face and online instruction strategies.
- Flexibility and creativity to initiate new instructional services in the library.
- Provides student centered reference services.
- May assist with collection development in assigned subject areas.
Essential Job Requirements:
- MLIS from an ALA accredited school required.
- Second master's degree or undergraduate degree in social work or health sciences preferred.
- Experience in planning and executing information literacy instruction to library users in an academic library setting required.
- Familiarity with online library resources, with an emphasis on Health Science and Social Work resources preferred.
- A collaborative disposition - Willingness to work with library colleagues in a rapidly changing information environment. Ability to work collaboratively with other campus departments and individuals.
- Dedication to teamwork - We are a small department where each person contributes unique talents to the whole. Flexibility and acceptance of change are necessary.
- Communicates effectively to student patrons, co-workers, and the campus community both orally and in writing.
- Extensive use of computers and other technology.
- Ability to lift books and push book carts.
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to move about campus and other locations.
347 S Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
How to apply
To apply, please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506