Executive Director | Naperville Public Library
Posted on Feb 25, 2019
The community of Naperville, Illinois is seeking an Executive Director for our world class suburban libraries. Located 30 miles west of Chicago and serving more than 147,000 residents, Naperville Public Library is the community's central place to inform, inspire and imagine. Made up of three full-service buildings located throughout the city, the library carries a reputation for quality, service and partnership with the community.
Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the Executive Director will be expected to:
- Lead the staff and the library in a highly professional manner, continuing to foster teamwork, collaboration and trust while articulating a guiding vision to the community and staff.
- Represent the library at public events and with local government agencies and community organizations.
- Serve as a visionary, communicative and innovative leader, responding to the needs of the Naperville community and adapting to the constantly evolving role of public libraries.
- Effective leadership skills with the ability to inspire staff, the board and the community.
- Ability to implement both traditional and innovative ways to serve the community and a proven record of developing and strengthening those relationships.
- Excellent communication skills required for connecting with staff and building relationships with community members and organizations.
Required Experience and Education
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited university or equivalent professional degree
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive professional experience, including 5 years managerial responsibility in public libraries, public administration, city management or comparable fields, required. (Will consider an equivalent combination of experience and education.)
- Knowledge of budget preparation and management
Naperville Public Library
200 W. Jefferson Ave.
Naperville, IL 60540
How to apply
Interested applicants are encouraged to visit our website to carefully review the job description and submit an online application at https://www.naperville-lib.org/jobs.
The benefits of this position at the Naperville Public Library include:
- Annual Vacation Accrual: 5 weeks per year
- Holidays: 7 days per year
- Annual sick Accrual: 12 days per year
- Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund
- Health Benefits available for 30+Hour Positions