Technical Services/Reference Librarian | Joliet Junior College
Posted on Sep 10, 2018
Adapt to new and changing situations and demonstrate a positive attitude. Demonstrate respect for students; understand learning styles and apply understanding to institution-related activities; demonstrate integrity and promote diversity and open communications. Thirty-five hours of work a week constitute a standard load. Work schedule may include late afternoon, evening, or Saturday hours and hours at branch campuses or satellite centers. Position is subject to all terms and provisions of the Joliet Junior College faculty contract.
1. An MLS/MLIS/MSI degree in library science/information studies from an ALA accredited institution.
2. Demonstrated commitment to professional growth and development.
3. Experience in a public services setting with providing information literacy instruction.
4. Expertise in appropriate library technologies with ability to use and manage applicable software.
5. Expertise in current library cataloging and classification practices including RDA, DD Classification, LCSH, MARC21 format, OCLC, Library of Congress
1. Experience at the community college or university level, particularly reference and instructional experience. May include experience in special, school, and public librarianship
2. Familiarity with software including library integrated systems, electronic resources, social networking technology, virtual resource management, database administration, and other emerging technologies.
3. Experience with traditional and non-traditional students from diverse backgrounds.
Joliet Junior College
1215 Houbolt Road
Joliet, IL 60431
How to apply
Application Procedures: “Apply to this Job at https://employment.jjc.edu/postings/3130”
Application Deadline: October 10, 2018
All offers of employment are contingent upon the following:
• Satisfactory results of a background check
• Post-offer, pre-employment physical exam in circumstances where the nature of the work renders it appropriate or where Federal law or regulation requires
Joliet Junior College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action college supporting diversity.