Impact Research Analyst | Advantage Capital
Posted on Feb 6, 2024
As an Impact Research Analyst, you will conduct research, present findings, and develop both written and quantitative presentations around community and economic development topics across our entire scope of advisory services client work. Your work will support various business lines, including applications for governmental resources, raising capital, and guiding investment decisions. Much of this work involves the award-winning New Markets Tax Credit program, which has been recognized for its success in revitalizing economically distressed communities.
You will have the opportunity to develop extensive knowledge of local, regional and national economic and demographic metrics, a variety of for-profit businesses and not-for-profit organizations, as well as various state and federal subsidy programs. You will also have interaction with all parts of Advantage Capital, not only our advisory team but also our investment, impact, and policy teams.
- Research and compile insightful company, industry and community impact data
- Develop materials from research that attracts investors and public subsidies
- Research needs, trends, and gaps in low-income communities; outcome metrics, evaluation tools, and evidence-based/best practices; and impact of investments on low-income populations in support of funding applications and investment decisions
- Develop knowledge and expertise around both traditional community impact parameters and Advantage Capital-specific impact metrics
- Design and populate research and data tracking tools to make findings searchable and accessible to wide range of constituents
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in library science, social work, sociology, or community and economic development fields, or 1-3 years comparable work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive in identifying next steps, intellectually curious, ability to focus on both details and the big picture
- Interest in public policy and public-private investments
- Strong computer skills, including formula proficiency in Excel, internet research, task organization management
- Strong time management skills, ability to multi-task, and flexibility to prioritize new opportunities as they arise
7733 Forsyth Blvd
St. Louis, MO 63105
How to apply
To apply please submit an application here.