- Advocacy Policies and Procedures
- Census 2020 Resources
- Creating or Changing Illinois State Library Law
- Illinois Minimum Wage Resources
- Intro to Property Taxes for IL Libraries
- ILA Public Policy Principles
- Legislative Issues
- Making Your Case
- Ready, Set, Advocate
- TIFs and Public Library Districts in Illinois
- Top Ten Advocacy Tips
- Advocacy Committee
- Awards Committee
- Conference Program Committee, 2023
- Conference Program Committee, 2024
- Diversity Committee
- Finance Committee
- Fundraising Committee
- ILA Reporter Advisory Committee
- Intellectual Freedom Committee
- iREAD Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Public Policy Committee
- Reaching Forward Committee
- Serving Our Public Committee
- Illinois Association of College & Research Libraries Forum (IACRL)
- Library Trustee Forum (LTF)
- Marketing Forum (MF)
- Resources & Technical Services Forum (RTSF)
- Small and Rural Libraries Forum (SARL)
- Students and New Professionals Forum (SANP)
- Young Adult Services Forum (YASF)
- Youth Services Forum (YSF)
Guidelines for Curbside Delivery and Reopening
- RAILS Guidelines for Libraries Considering Curbside Service and/or Phased Reopening
- Illinois Heartland Library System Idea File for Virtual Services and Phased Reopenings of Illinois Libraries
- Plan and Guidelines for Resuming IHLS Delivery Service
Examples of Public Library Reopening Plans
Examples below have been gathered by Reaching Across Illinois Library Systems (RAILS). For their most up-to-date resources, visit the RAILS website.
Resources for Academic Libraries
- COVID-19 and CARLI: Latest Updates
- IBHE: Safely Launching Academic Year 2020
- Western Illinois University Materials Pickup Procedures
- Illinois State University Curbside Pick Up
- Northern Illinois University Services & Resources
- Prairie State College Reopening Plan
Restore Illinois was created by the office of Governor J.B. Pritzker. The five-phased plan will reopen our state, guided by health metrics and with distinct business, education, and recreation activities characterizing each phase.
This is an initial framework that will likely be updates as research and science develop and as the potential for treatments or vaccines is realized. The plan is based upon regional healthcare availability, and it recognizes the distinct impact COVID-19 has had on different regions of our state as well as regional variations in hospital capacity.
- Restore Illinois Plan (pdf of the full plan)
Everything Library Trustees Need to Know During COVID-19
The Illinois Heartland Library System (IHLS), the Illinois Library Association (ILA), and the Reaching Across Illinois Library System (RAILS) held this webinar for Illinois Public Library Trustees on Thursday, May 14.
Agenda items included:
•IHLS, ILA, and RAILS staff resources available to help trustees help their libraries during COVID-19.
•ILA discussion of talking points trustees can use to let their communities know how essential the library is during the pandemic and after.
•Jamie Rachlin, President of Meristem Advisors, discussion of how libraries can handle budget implications as a result of COVID-19.
•Kelly Hayden, Chief Legal Counsel for HR Source, discussion of employment issues, including unemployment, furloughs, and layoffs.