Promotes excellence in Illinois libraries by identifying and making known innovative services, community outreach initiatives, and management procedures. Selects an annual award winner and finds methods for encouraging communication among libraries about their best practices, and, using the ILA Web site, features the best of what our libraries are doing.
The committee will be composed of nine members serving two-year terms. The ILA vice president/president-elect appoints at least three new committee members each year.
- Anthony V. Lucarelli, Chair Indian Prairie Public Library District
- Victoria Akinde, Member Schaumburg Township District Library
- Meredith Anderson, Member Geneva Public Library District
- Shannon Distel, Member Grants & Development Administrator at Arlington Heights Memorial Library
- Victoria Hart, Member Executive Director at Mississippi Valley Library District
- Laura McGrath, Member Access Services Manager at Skokie Public Library
- Joelen Pastva, Member Metadata Librarian at Northwestern University Libraries
- Deidre Winterhalter, Member Digital Learning Coordinator at Oak Park Public Library
- Brian Shepard, Board liaison Indian Trails Public Library District