- Advocacy Policies and Procedures
- Census 2020 Resources
- Creating or Changing Illinois State Library Law
- Illinois Minimum Wage Resources
- Intro to Property Taxes for IL Libraries
- ILA Public Policy Principles
- Legislative Issues
- Making Your Case
- Ready, Set, Advocate
- TIFs and Public Library Districts in Illinois
- Top Ten Advocacy Tips
- Advocacy Committee
- Awards Committee
- Conference Program Committee, 2023
- Conference Program Committee, 2024
- Diversity Committee
- Finance Committee
- Fundraising Committee
- ILA Reporter Advisory Committee
- Intellectual Freedom Committee
- iREAD Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Public Policy Committee
- Reaching Forward Committee
- Serving Our Public Committee
- Illinois Association of College & Research Libraries Forum (IACRL)
- Library Trustee Forum (LTF)
- Marketing Forum (MF)
- Resources & Technical Services Forum (RTSF)
- Small and Rural Libraries Forum (SARL)
- Students and New Professionals Forum (SANP)
- Young Adult Services Forum (YASF)
- Youth Services Forum (YSF)
Registration Open for July 26 NNLM Webinar “Understanding Systematic Reviews and More at PubMed Health”July 3, 2017
(via Derek Johnson, National Network of Libraries of Medicine – Greater Midwest Region)
Registration is now open for the National Network of Libraries of Medicine webinar “Understanding Systematic Reviews and More at PubMed Health”. The webinar, which will place from 2:00 to 3:00 PM CST on Wednesday, July 26, will be given by the National Library of Medicine’s Hilda Bastian. More information about the individual webinar and the “NNLM Resource Picks” series is below.
PubMed Health is a clinical effectiveness resource. It brings together systematic reviews of the effects of health care with information and information support tools to help consumers and clinicians find and use reliable evidence. It also now incorporates methodological resources about clinical effectiveness research. This webinar will provide an overview of PubMed Health’s features, discussing recent and coming developments.
“NNLM Resource Picks” is a collaborative, bimonthly, webcast series featuring the National Library of Medicine resources to increase awareness of these resources as well as encourage their integration by libraries and other organizations to more fully serve their colleagues and communities. Several of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine offices are combining efforts to feature resource experts from NLM for this national webinar series. Each session includes objectives, participation of attendees through questions and opportunities to dialog, and evaluation following the presentation. All sessions are presented as online webcasts using WebEx allowing for live phone conversation and online chat. Topics currently scheduled include: DIMRC, AIDS resources, PubMed, NLM Traveling Exhibits, Drug Information Portal, and PubMed Health. All sessions are recorded with closed captioning and archived.
After attending or viewing a session, participants should be able to meet the following objectives.
- recognize featured NLM resource
- know how to locate the specific resource featured
- explain to others when to use the featured resource
Upon successful completion of this class, each participant will receive 1 hour of continuing education credit awarded by the Medical Library Association. This class is eligible for Consumer Health Information Specialization continuing education credit awarded by the Medical Library Association. It is also eligible for Disaster Information Specialization continuing education credit awarded by the Medical Library Association.
For more information, and to register, go here.