Registration Open for 2017 DataONE Users Group Meeting (Deadline July 17)June 11, 2017
(via Bob Sandusky, University of Illinois at Chicago)
Registration is open until Monday, July 17, for the DataONE Users Group (DUG) meeting. The event will be held on Monday, July 24, and Tuesday, July 25. It will be co-located with the Summer ESIP Federation Meeting at Indiana University, in Bloomington, IN. The DataONE Users Group (DUG) meeting will be a two-day event featuring plenary presentations, topical breakout sessions, and community-led discussions.
There is no registration fee to attend and participate in the DUG meeting. Information, registration and group hotel rates can be found here. The hotel block is available until Friday, July 7, and the deadline for meeting registration and poster submissions is Monday, July 17. Additional information about the content of the event, including ideas for presentation and poster themes, is below.
Meeting Theme and Objectives
The 2017 meeting theme, “Data Discoverability, Reproducibility, and Sustainability”, will bring together stakeholders to explore current advancements in these areas. Community talks and posters that explore broad topics of discoverability, reproducibility and sustainability are invited. Some examples are provided below.
- describing, documenting, and representing data
- connecting journal articles to datasets to depositories
- distinguishing among publishing, data, and preservation repositories
- best practices, guidelines, and standards
- procedures, tools, and workflows
- projects, prototypes, and use cases
- collaborations, partnerships, and stakeholders
- infrastructure, resources, and support
- computation, integration, and certification