Last Call for Comments: Revised Guidelines for Resource-Sharing Response to Natural and Man-made DisastersMay 23, 2017
(via Margaret Ellingson, Emory University)
For the past few months, the ALA RUSA STARS Codes, Guidelines and Technical Standards Committee has been engaged in the required seven-year review of the Guidelines for Resource-Sharing Response to Natural and Man-made Disasters. We are now seeking input from the resource sharing community on the proposed guideline revision.
We welcome your input from now through 8:00 PM CST on Tuesday, May 23 .
- The current guidelines are available at the link above.
- The draft of the revised guidelines is available here.
- The survey in which to record your comments is available here.
Note that the proposed revisions are not substantive in nature, but, rather, have the following impact.
- changing the name to Guidelines for Resource-Sharing Disaster Preparation and Response
- emphasizing that the guidelines address both preparation for and response to disasters
- adding a definition for Responding Libraries
- reordering some sections to more logically proceed from preparation to response.
- generally improving clarity and consistency of language
Again, please review the existing and revised guidelines and use the survey to communicate your comments and/or questions to the STARS Codes, Guidelines & Technical Standards Committee (see above link for contact information) by 8:00 PM CST on Tuesday, May 23.