Reminder: Early Registration for Great Lakes Resource Sharing Conference Ends May 26May 21, 2017
(via Margaret Chambers, CARLI)
Register for the 4th Annual Great Lakes Resource Sharing Conference by Friday, May 26, to take advantage of the early registration fee. The $95 registration fee will increase to $125 after May 26. The registration fee includes all sessions, as well as the reception on Thursday and breakfast and lunch on Friday.
Schedule in Brief
Thursday, June 8
- 12:30 to 1:30 PM—OCLC Resource Sharing Update
- 1:45 to 3:30 PM (including break)—lightning rounds
- 3:30 to 4:30 PM—”The Contemporary Academic Library Resource Sharing Mission: Fragmentation or Evolution?”
- 5:00 to 6:00 PM—opening reception and trivia contest
- 6:00 PM and later—dine-arounds or dinner on your own
Friday, June 9 (8:00 AM to 3:45 PM)
- keynote address: “History Has Its Eyes on You: Lighthouse and Libraries Weathering Storms of Change”–Corey Seeman, Director of Kresge Library Services (Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor) and manager of A Library Writer’s Blog
- three tracks of concurrent sessions
- breakfast, lunch, and breaks included
- “CARLI’s Patron Driven Acquisitions Project for Print Materials: A Review of a Consortial Project”
- “Strength in Numbers: Demonstrating Value During Times of Change”
- “Strengthening Workflows: Developing an Improved Staffing Model to Weather the Winds of Change”
- “Trying to Jump-Start Collaborative Collection Development: Finding Simple Methods for Effective Cooperation”
- And many more! See the conference website for a full list.
Join your resource sharing partners in harnessing the winds of change!