Registration Open for 2017 DataONE Users Group MeetingMay 7, 2017
(via Bob Sandusky, University of Illinois at Chicago)
Please mark your calendars for the DataONE Users Group (DUG) meeting, to be held Monday, July 24, and Tuesday, July 25. The event will be co-located with the Summer ESIP Federation Meeting, at Indiana University in Bloomington, IN. The DUG meeting will be a two-day event featuring plenary presentations, topical breakout sessions, and community-led discussions. There is no registration fee to attend and participate in the DUG meeting. Information on registration, along with group hotel rates, can be found here.
The 2017 meeting theme, “Data Discoverability, Reproducibility, and Sustainability”, will bring together stakeholders to explore current advancements in these areas. Community talks and posters that explore broad topics of discoverability, reproducibility and sustainability are invited. Some examples are provided below.
- describing, documenting, and representing data
- connecting journal articles to datasets to repositories
- distinguishing between publishing, data, preservation repositories
- best practices, guidelines, and standards
- procedures, tools, and workflows
- projects, prototypes, and use cases
- collaborations, partnerships, and stakeholders
- infrastructure, resources, and support
- computation, integration, and certification
DataONE encourages DataONE Member Nodes, data scientists, researchers, scientists, students and others to submit abstracts for posters and talks. Abstracts are solicited during the registration process. Talks will be approximately 10-20 minutes in duration, to be confirmed with development of the agenda. Submissions for talks will be accepted until Friday, June 2. Authors will be notified of the status of their submissions on Monday, June 12. Oral presentations are not guaranteed, and some submissions may be accepted as posters instead. Poster submissions will remain open until July.