ASCLA Online Learning Proposal Submissions Due Nov. 7November 7, 2016
(via Jennifer Cross, Association of Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies)
Do you have an idea for a webinar or online course you would like to present? The Association of Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies (ASCLA) invites subject matter experts and experienced librarians to submit a webinar proposal or online course proposal by Monday, November 7. Presentations will take place between December 1, 2016, and August 31, 2017, as a part of ASCLA’s outstanding online learning offerings. See the list of suggested “hot topics” below.
ASCLA welcomes proposals on topics that will assist our diverse membership in improving service delivery and job performance. The organization also encourages proposals on subjects that reflect ASCLA’s expertise and are relevant all types of libraries, librarians and library support staff. These include state library agencies, library consultants, libraries serving people with disabilities, consumer health libraries, prison libraries, and library cooperatives.
Proposal topics for courses and webinars may include, but are not limited to, the following.
- ADA updates for libraries
- collaborative digitization
- dealing with learning disabilities
- emerging technologies for those with special needs, including apps and iPads
- grants: how to find grant funding and write your proposal
- how to be a futurist
- innovative services for an aging population
- marketing library services to special-needs populations
- outcomes-based education
- recognizing great service in member libraries
- technology trends for special needs populations
Webinar presenters and online learning instructors are compensated for their work and will receive training and support for both Adobe Connect, the webinar technology platform used by the division, and Moodle, the online tool used for courses. Review current online offerings to familiarize one's self with the structure of the presentations. More information about the submission process is available here.