Registration Deadline for Joint Upper Midwest Digital Collections / CONTENTdm Meeting is Friday, July 29July 28, 2016
(via Margaret Chambers, CARLI, on behalf of UMDCC)
Registration ends Friday, July 29, for the Upper Midwest Digital Collections Conference and CONTENTdm Users Group Meeting, taking place on August 9-11 at St. Ambrose University in Davenport, Iowa. Don’t miss out on this regional opportunity to connect with your digital collections colleagues. Register now!
The Upper Midwest Digital Collections Conference (#UMDCC16) features the following events.
- keynote speaker Trevor Owens on IMLS’s national digital platform priority
- workshops on metadata for oral history collections, copyright, and managing born-digital content (seats available)
- presentations on a range of topics from A/V digitization to web archiving to community engagement
- tours of local museums and archives
The CONTENTdm Users Group Meeting includes the following activities.
- keynote panel with Bruce Washburn and Jeff Mixter of OCLC Research and the Strategic Advisory Group for Digital Collections: “CONTENTdm Data Refinery: A Linked Data Pilot Study”
- a CONTENTdm product update and Q&A with Product Manager Shane Huddleston
- a preview of the next phase of CONTENTdm development
- presentations from CONTENTdm users
- $55 for Upper Midwest Digital Collections Conference (August 9)
- $35 for workshops (August 10)
- $0 for CONTENTdm Users Group Meeting (August 10-11)
The conference is organized by Minitex, WiLS, and RAILS (Reaching Across Illinois Library System), along with a regional planning committee. The UMDCC sponsors include Holder Printworks, Minitex, and St. Ambrose University Library. The CONTENTdm Users Group Meeting is sponsored by OCLC; their support means that this portion of the conference is free to current and potential CONTENTdm users.
For more information, visit the conference website.