Upper Midwest Digital Collections Conference and CONTENTdm Users Group Meeting to Be Held August 9-11June 22, 2016
The Upper Midwest Digital Collections Conference and the CONTENTdm Users Group Meeting will be held jointly this year, from Tuesday, August 9, to Thursday, August 11. The events will take place at St. Ambrose University in Davenport, Iowa. More information is below.
The Upper Midwest Digital Collections Conference (#UMDCC16) features the following activities.
- keynote speaker Trevor Owens on IMLS’s national digital platform priority
- workshops on metadata for oral history collections, copyright and managing born-digital content
- presentations on a range of topics from A/V digitization to web archiving to community engagement
- tours of local museums and archives
The CONTENTdm Users Group Meeting includes the following events.
- keynote panel with Bruce Washburn and Jeff Mixter of OCLC Research and the Strategic Advisory Group for Digital Collections: “CONTENTdm data refinery: A Linked Data pilot study”
- a CONTENTdm Product Update and Q&A with Product Manager Shane Huddleston
- a preview of the next phase of CONTENTdm development
- presentations from CONTENTdm users
To register for the meetings, go here.