Call for Nominations--Distinguished Achievement in Access Services AwardMay 21, 2016
(via Kim Copenhaver, Eckerd College)
Do you know someone who deserves special recognition for her or his work and dedication in access services? For the third year, the Access Services Conference and Generation Fifth will be presenting the Distinguished Achievement in Access Services Award to an individual who has made an extraordinary contribution to our field. The Distinguished Achievement in Access Services Award is an annual award recognizing an individual for outstanding achievement, contributions, and commitment to the field of access services. Generously sponsored by Generation Fifth, the recipient will receive an award of $500, a citation, and registration to the Annual Access Services Conference, held November 16-18, 2016, at the Georgia Tech Global Learning Center in Atlanta, GA.
To qualify, the candidate must be employed in a library and serve in one of the fields of access services (circulation, reserves, collection maintenance, interlibrary loan / resource sharing, or other related areas). The award is open to all levels of staff, including but not limited to librarians, who will be considered based on the following areas of achievement.
- demonstration of sustained, outstanding, and recognized service or leadership in the field of access services, on the regional or national level
- planning and implementing an exceptional library program or service that has served as a model for others
- significant publication(s), presentation(s) or technical innovation considered noteworthy for its contribution to access services
To nominate a colleague, please submit a letter of nomination including the following information.
- nominee’s full name, work address, telephone number, and e-mail address
- background on the nominee’s career in libraries
- description of the nominee’s contributions to access services and special accomplishments that demonstrate the three evaluation criteria detailed above
Self-nominations are accepted. These must also include a supporting letter from a colleague.
The deadline for nominations is Friday, July 15. Nomination letters and questions can be submitted to Sarah Mangrum, Distinguished Achievement in Access Services Award Chair, who can be reached at Sarah.Rials@usm.edu or (601) 266-4251.