- Advocacy Policies and Procedures
- Census 2020 Resources
- Creating or Changing Illinois State Library Law
- Illinois Minimum Wage Resources
- Intro to Property Taxes for IL Libraries
- ILA Public Policy Principles
- Legislative Issues
- Making Your Case
- Ready, Set, Advocate
- TIFs and Public Library Districts in Illinois
- Top Ten Advocacy Tips
- Advocacy Committee
- Awards Committee
- Conference Program Committee, 2023
- Conference Program Committee, 2024
- Diversity Committee
- Finance Committee
- Fundraising Committee
- ILA Reporter Advisory Committee
- Intellectual Freedom Committee
- iREAD Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Public Policy Committee
- Reaching Forward Committee
- Serving Our Public Committee
- Illinois Association of College & Research Libraries Forum (IACRL)
- Library Trustee Forum (LTF)
- Marketing Forum (MF)
- Resources & Technical Services Forum (RTSF)
- Small and Rural Libraries Forum (SARL)
- Students and New Professionals Forum (SANP)
- Young Adult Services Forum (YASF)
- Youth Services Forum (YSF)
Volunteer to Serve on an ILA Committee!December 7, 2021
Are you interested in serving on an ILA Committee? If you are, now is the time to submit a committee interest form! Appointments begin July 1, and most committee members serve two- or three-year terms.
ILA's committees provide major support services for ILA membership, leadership, special interest groups, and the Executive Board. Committee chairs are appointed by the current ILA president with the approval of the Executive Board. Terms of office vary and include a single one-year term for most committees.
The opportunity to serve on or chair an ILA committee is a benefit of ILA membership; committee members and chairs are expected to maintain current personal membership in ILA.
Not sure which committee is right for you? View the list of ILA committees. The list includes the names of the committee's current chair(s) and members as well as the committee's responsibilities.
If you have any questions about committees, please contact the ILA office at email@example.com.