ILA Events and the Coronavirus (COVID-19)March 10, 2020
Dear ILA Community,
In response to Governor Pritzker's disaster proclamation yesterday following the outbreak of the Coronavirus (or COVID-19) in Illinois, we would like to update you on upcoming and future ILA events.
At present, all ILA events will be held as scheduled. We will continue to monitor the outbreak and if events need to be cancelled registrants will be notified and refunds will be issued.
To ensure the well-being of our event participants, ILA has adopted these procedures for all events:
- obtained detailed information on sanitation and cleaning procedures from event venues
- set-up social distance seating
- impose handshake and hug free events
- promote hand hygiene with hand sanitizers accessible at all events
- reduce crowding (when feasible)
We understand these precautions may not relieve your fear or anxiety. We further ask you not to attend ILA events if you are sick, have symptoms, are a member of a high risk group or have a condition that is susceptible to illness. To support you in this, ILA will issue full refunds if you have registered to attend an upcoming ILA event and would like to cancel your registration. Please let us know if you wish to cancel as soon as possible.
And, we can’t combat this outbreak alone, so we ask participants in attendance to adhere to these preventative measures:
- cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
The ILA community is our top priority, and while the emergence of the Coronavirus (or COVID-19) is alarming, we hope the cautionary measures we have put in place will reduce any uncertainty you have about attending our events.
If you have any concerns or questions regarding this information, please contact the ILA office by phone at (312) 644-1896 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.