Serials Librarian | Illinois State University Milner Library
Posted on Jun 13, 2022
Milner Library is accepting applications for a Serials Librarian. This position supports all aspects of the serials lifecycle, including acquisition, cataloging, discovery, activation, troubleshooting, renewal, de-selection, and post-cancellation access. Applicants must have a master's degree in Library and Information Science from an American Library Association-accredited master’s program, or an international equivalent recognized by the American Library Association. For complete consideration please apply by July 10, 2022. For more information and to apply please use the link: https://jobsearch.illinoisstate.edu/en-us/job/513807/serials-librarian (posting #513807)
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
1. A graduate degree from a program accredited by the American Library Association or an ALA-recognized international equivalent.
2. At least one year of cataloging experience, whether professional, practicum, or two semesters of cataloging coursework.
3. Ability to work in an automated environment with multiple systems.
4. Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in a collegial and participative environment.
5. Detailed knowledge of serials processes and workflows.
6. Demonstrated experience cataloging, acquiring, and/or managing serials.
7. Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
8. An aptitude for project planning and management, as well as excellent organizational, time-management, and analytical skills.
9. Experience with office and administrative software packages, including the Microsoft Office Suite and video conferencing.
1. Familiarity with Alma and Primo VE, EBSCONet, OCLC, and various third-party vendor systems.
2. Familiarity with the standards for cataloging, description, and encoding, especially RDA (Resource Description and Access) , and the current version of the MARC 21 (Machine Readable Cataloging) Formats for bibliographic records and holdings records.
3. Experience working with vendors or publishers to resolve problems.
4. Some understanding of linked data principles.
5. Working knowledge of various computer systems, software packages, and tools related to cataloging serials.
6. Ability to work independently on complex projects, utilizing individual initiative and judgment.
52,800 - 58,800 annual salary range
ISU Milner Library
Campus Box 8900
Normal, IL 61761
How to apply
For more information and to apply please use the link: https://jobsearch.illinoisstate.edu/en-us/job/513807/serials-librarian (posting #513807)