Head of Programming and Community Engagement | Beloit Public Library
Posted on May 10, 2022
Join the team at Beloit Public Library as our Head of Programming and Community Engagement!
Named Wisconsin’s Most Underrated City in 2018, Beloit, Wisconsin, delivers Midwest charm and hospitality with a cosmopolitan look and feel. The city of 37,000 boasts a beautiful riverfront, revitalized downtown, miles of trails, marvelous museums and historic sites ... and an amazing library bound to only be better by having you work here.
In a community known for its collaboration and diversity, BPL strives to reach everyone in the community with unique programming for all ages, a full range of library materials, and rapidly evolving technology and workforce development tools and resources. BPL implements a forward-thinking service model that actively engages customers by removing traditional library structures and barriers.
We are seeking a creative and resourceful individual to be a member of our team as the Head of Programming and Community Engagement (HPCE). As the HPCE, you will oversee the development and delivery of library programming for all ages and cultivate and nurture partnerships with like-minded community organizations such as PBS KIDS, Stateline Boys and Girls Club, Nature at the Confluence, public and private school districts, and more.
The position requires an MLS from an ALA-accredited library school; five years of increasingly responsible experience in public library service to youth and/or adults and teens, including experience in reference, collection development, programming, and employee supervision; and the ability to meet the transportation requirements of the position. For details, see job description; for vision, contact Library Director Nick Dimassis at (608)314-5091.
- MLS from an ALA-accredited library school.
- Five years of increasingly responsible experience in public library service to youth and/or adults and teens, including experience in reference, collection development, programming, and employee supervision.
- Ability to meet the transportation requirements of the position.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to information requests from customers.
- Ability to supervise effectively and positively.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to speak comfortably and effectively in public.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to maintain and foster cooperative and courteous working relationships with the public, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Ability to perform moderately heavy physical work.
Beloit Public Library
605 Eclipse Boulevard
Beloit, WI 53511
How to apply
Beloit Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For consideration, please complete an online application at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/beloitwi.
Priority will be given to applications received on or before May 22, 2022. The position will remain open until the job is filled.