Technical Services Librarian | Danville Public Library
Posted on Sep 14, 2021
Danville Public Library, located in Danville, Illinois, seeks a part time Technical Services Librarian for a temporary, work from home position. We are looking for an experienced cataloger to perform original and copy cataloging of all library materials. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in cataloging, able to work with little to no supervision, be tech savvy, pay close attention to detail and achieve a high level of accuracy.
This position is part time (up to 25 hours per week), temporary (up to six months) and non-exempt that reports to the Executive Director. Flexible schedule with day, night and weekend hours possible. Position may work on site or at home, with weekly/bi-weekly trips to site to pick up materials. (Equipment provided for work from home option). Start date: ASAP.
Functions (including but not limited to):
- Create original Machine-Readable Cataloging (MARC) records and update OCLC records to add to the Library’s online catalog for all formats such as but not limited to books, periodicals, CD books, DVDs, Blu-rays, CDs, and electronic resources
- Request bib records
- Place orders with Baker and Taylor
- Withdraw of weeded materials
- Oversee the department’s ordering, receiving and processing of all materials
- This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties, as may be required.
- Master's degree in Library Science from an American Library Association-accredited program with emphasis in cataloging
- At least two years professional experience working in original and copy cataloging services within IHLS, resulting in working knowledge of cataloging, and processing of materials in all formats, books, DVDs, CDs, etc.
- SHARE certification preferred.
- Strong proficiency with computers, technology and the Internet.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs., bend, stoop, reach, push and pull loaded book carts.
Danville Public Library
319 N. Vermilion St.
Danville, IL 61832
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit electronically PDF copies of an application, resume, and three professional references to Reno Torres at firstname.lastname@example.org.
First consideration will be given to applicants who respond on or before Friday, September 24, 2021.