Library Director | Carlock Public Library District
Posted on Mar 23, 2021
The Carlock Public Library District is seeking an individual to work closely with the Library Board, staff, and community to provide an environment to educate, inform, and enrich. Recently expanded, Carlock Library is an outstanding facility providing service to three townships: White Oak, Dry Grove, and Kansas. Carlock is a small, community-centered village just outside of Bloomington-Normal. Carlock Library’s strength is its emphasis on its patrons and their needs with exceptional programs for children and families. In response to the changing learning environment and the shift in the way libraries are being used, Carlock Public Library seeks to reach a broader audience, expanding our teen and adult programs.
- Overseeing the daily operation of the Library, creating a positive work environment.
- Hiring, training, and supervising of all employees.
- Working with the Library Board of Trustees to develop and monitor yearly budgets.
- Maintaining a quality collection of all library materials.
- Purchasing of all office and library materials and supplies.
- Acquiring and maintaining technology and equipment.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports for the Library Board and State of Illinois as required.
- Establishing and maintaining good community relationships with local schools and organizations.
- Managing the use of the Meeting Room, scheduling and overseeing children’s programs and public events.
- Overseeing the building facility, supervising maintenance and improvements.
- Collaborating with RAILS (Reaching Across Illinois Library System) for consulting and shared support.
Two years of library experience; skills in leadership, communication, and marketing. Bachelor degree desired. MLS/MLIS degree preferred
Annual salary of $34,00- $37,000, based on experience. Benefits include vacation days, sick time, and paid holidays.
Carlock Public Library District
Carlock, IL 61725-0039
How to apply
Please submit cover letter, current resume, and references to:
Carlock Public Library
Attn: Beth Wagner, Board President
PO Box 39
Carlock IL 61725.