Program and Event Librarian | Champaign Public Library
Posted on Jul 20, 2020
The Program and Event Librarian is responsible for providing innovative adult programming and coordinating large events. This position develops, plans, coordinates, executes, and evaluates programs for adults. This position also assists customers of all ages at public service desks with information and reference questions; assists and instructs customers with their use of library computers, electronic devices, and other technologies. The Program and Event Librarian is customer focused; is able to build successful partnerships with other organizations and groups; is knowledgeable about library materials and technology; and is comfortable hosting events and speaking in front of groups. Schedule includes evening and weekend hours.
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution preferred or equivalent education and experience acceptable
- Excellent computer and technology skills, including use of tablets, mobile devices, and social media
- Experience developing and coordinating programming for adults
- Exceptional customer service skills and enthusiasm for working with the public.
- Ability to work with library customers and staff in a consistently friendly, respectful, and efficient manner
- Knowledge of and interest in books, music, movies, and other media in all their forms
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team within the department and the library as a whole, including leading and coordinating the work of others
- Knowledge of professional-level library practices, and an interest in keeping up with developments within the field
- Ability to maintain reliable attendance and ability to vary work schedule as needed.
- Physical ability to lift and carry items up to 40 pounds, assist with room setup and push fully loaded carts of library materials.
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable driving history, and personal automobile for job-related transportation.
- Satisfactory criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
Champaign Public Library
200 W. Green St.
Champaign, IL 61874
How to apply
Review the complete job description, submit a cover letter, resume, and apply online at: https://champaign.org/about/jobs
DEADLINE: Sunday, August 9, 2020 by 10 p.m. CST