Library Student Experience Program Faculty (Tenure Track) | Oakton Community College
Posted on Jan 9, 2020
Oakton Community College is seeking a tenure-track Library Student Experience Program faculty member to begin in the Fall 2020 semester. This faculty librarian will support academic performance and completion in support of The Oakton Experience and the college’s commitment to equity.
In support The Oakton Experience, the Library Student Experience Program lead faculty member will develop, market, and facilitate inclusive learning experiences, such as:
• Develop and promote First Year Experience library academic support activities
• Lead in the planning and promotion of library events in collaboration with other college departments and in library information literacy program workshops and activities
• Increase students’ use of library online career information resources and develop bridges to the libraries of Oakton’s top transfer institutions to help students plan their transfer paths or to seek employment
• Build information literacy partnerships with high schools in the Oakton Community College District participating in dual-credit programs
• Collaborate with library faculty to develop opportunities for college faculty offering pre-majors and pathways to teach and assess information literacy as a general education learning outcome
The base minimum salary is $51,927 and the maximum is $63,463 based on a 9 month contract, but additional pay is received for teaching overloads and for summer assignments. Comprehensive benefits include medical, vision, and dental insurance; a generous professional development/conference travel allowance; paid holidays, sick days, and sabbatical leave; and a four day summer work week.
Master's degree from a program accredited by the American Library Association
• Experience in an academic library, experience in the area for which the individual is being hired, e.g. cataloging, reference, etc.
• Familiarity with online systems
• A second master's degree and teaching experience
Oakton Community College
1600 E Golf Rd
Des Plaines, IL 60016
How to apply
To read more about this position and to apply, please visit the following link: