Career Librarian (Librarian I) - Adult Services | Champaign Public Library
Posted on Aug 2, 2019
The Champaign Public Library seeks qualified candidates for a new Career Librarian position in the Adult Services department. This is a full-time (38 hours per week) position with a varied schedule that includes daytime, evening, and weekend shifts.
Responsibilities of Position:
Plans and coordinates public programs related to job skills, career planning and employment application process. Provides training in use of career-related resources for library staff. Assists customers with career-related information needs, general information and reference questions, and use of computers, personal electronic devices and other technologies.
- Master's degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of career planning, resume creation, employment application and career-related online resources.
- Excellent public presentation skills and ability to instruct individuals and groups.
- Excellent technology and internet-searching skills.
- Reference and/or programming experience in a public library.
Champaign Public Library
200 W. Green Street
Champaign, IL 61820
How to apply
Submit a cover letter, resume, and apply online at champaign.org/jobs.