Adult and Digital Services Librarian | Kenosha Public Library
Posted on Apr 11, 2018
Essential Job Functions
- Provide direct services to Library patrons in making full use of electronic database products, reference and circulating collections, periodicals, and system and area resources, including interlibrary loan.
- Participate in marketing digital library collections and services with the Communications Specialist.
- Foster a collaborative relationship with community groups, businesses, organizations, educational institutions, and agencies in the city of Kenosha and Kenosha County to teach digital literacy skills.
- Plan and conduct public computer classes and staff training in the Digital Media Lab, including tech skill updates for staff.
- Help develop and implement strategies to fulfill digital literacy goals articulated in the strategic plan.
- Serve on library teams relating to the web, social media and others as appropriate and upon the request of Supervisors.
- Explore grant opportunities relating to various literacies and manage related grant activities when grants are received.
General Job Functions
- Provide assistance to patrons for reader's advisory, locating materials and information, and interpretation of library policies and procedures, in person, by telephone, mail, or e-mail.
- Provide service in a timely, sensitive and confidential manner, consistent with a high level of customer service. Assure high patron and staff satisfaction in all transactions. Assure the prompt, appropriate handling of patron concerns.
- Maintain knowledge of current library trends and participate in appropriate conferences, workshops, and seminars to develop professional and leadership skills.
- Instruct, train, direct, and review the work of reference library assistants as directed by Supervisor.
- May perform general circulation functions.
- Perform other tasks and projects as assigned.
- Serve as Person in Charge when required.
- Master's degree in Library and Information Science required.
- Professional librarian experience preferred (public library experience preferred); with experience, knowledge, or training in services to adults.
- Knowledge of Library planning and policy developments.
Kenosha Public Library
812 56th Street
Kenosha, WI 53140