Library Director | Park Ridge Public Library
Posted on Jan 22, 2018
The Board of Trustees of the Park Ridge Public Library seeks a dedicated and forward-thinking leader to serve as Library Director. This opportunity is open due to the retirement of the previous Library Director.
A pillar of Park Ridge's Uptown and a central facet of the community, the Library has been serving a diverse population in the northern suburbs of Chicago since 1913.
The Library Director will be expected to:
- Serve as a visionary leader, responding to the needs of the Park Ridge community and adapting to the changing role of public libraries
- Exhibit superior leadership, administrative, and organizational skills
- Work collaboratively and creatively, with the ability to adapt to change
- Demonstrate the capacity to serve as a passionate advocate for the Library
- Masters in Library Science degree from an ALA accredited school
- High-level managerial experience with financial and planning responsibilities
- An understanding of both traditional and new ways libraries serve communities
Salary range is $101K-$141K, negotiable based on experience. Excellent benefits.
Park Ridge Public Library
20 S. Prospect Avenue
Park Ridge, IL 60068
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, current resume, and three professional references using the contact information below. Please include your last name in the title of any attached files and "Park Ridge" in the subject line of your email.
Questions? We welcome and encourage inquiries.
APPLICATIONS and INQUIRIES GO TO:
John Keister & Associates
374 Marseilles Street
Vernon Hills , IL 60061
Email address: email@example.com