Associate Dean of Library | Elgin Community College
Posted on Nov 30, 2017
The Associate Dean of Library provides leadership in library development, strategic planning, in services that support instruction and learning, and in staff professional development. The scope of responsibilities includes: supervision of library staff (faculty and support staff), managing the library operation, budgetary development and management, planning collection development, evaluation of services and library instruction (information literacy), infrastructure, and programming. The Associate Dean will provide reference consultation to patrons when needed. The position participates in college-wide administrative functions and advises college administration in the innovative project of facility expansion to create an exemplary learning space that facilitates student learning.
1. Master's degree in Library Science (MLS) from an ALA accredited institution.
2. Minimum of five years' of progressively increasing administrative experience that includes strategic planning, budget management, and staff supervision .
3. Solid understanding of academic library services, including policies and procedures, collection development, and copyright law.
4. Knowledge of and experience in contract governance and implementation.
5. Solid budgetary development and management experience.
6. A solid working knowledge of library-related information technology, including online catalog administration, web development, state and local network infrastructure administration, etc.
7. Knowledge and experience with assessment of library services and instruction.
8. Ability to interact with the Board of Trustees, college administration, faculty, staff, and the general public.
9. Ability to collaborate with other college departments in providing services to support instruction and learning, with an emphasis on improving and expanding services.
10. Experience collaborating with departments that provide faculty and staff professional development or experience providing staff training.
11. Excellent oral and written communication skills, with strong grant writing focus.
$72,576 minimum starting annual salary
Elgin Community College
1700 Spartan Dr.
Elgin, IL 60123
How to apply
For complete details and to apply, go to Elgin Community College's job board: https://jobs.elgin.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=52414