Reference & Instruction Librarian, Flaxman Library | School of the Art Institute of Chicago
Posted on Nov 29, 2017
The John M. Flaxman Library of the School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) seeks a Reference & Instruction Librarian who will be an advocate for student learning, playing an active role in the design, delivery, and evaluation of front-line library services to the campus. Participates in and promotes library programs, including collaborations with staff and faculty throughout the organization.
Duties include: user-centered reference and research services; information literacy instruction; workshops, tutorials; creative uses of technology to enrich the learning environment; and supporting library visitors in the use of digital, print and media resources. Other duties as assigned, including some access services.
- Commitment to the educational mission of SAIC
- MLIS or similar degree
- Background in the arts or humanities
- Experience working in a library or similar institution
- Must demonstrate knowledge of current issues, practices, and assessment measures for reference and instruction
- Proficiency using discovery/delivery systems; social media; standard integrated library systems; standard office software and networks
- Effective working within a team or independently
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends
Salary commensurate with experience; excellent benefits
School of the Art Institute of Chicago
37 S. Wabash Ave
Chicago, IL 60603-6105
How to apply
For fullest consideration, please visit our website to apply: https://hrweb.artic.edu/recruit/applyjob.html
The Art Institute of Chicago is an equal opportunity, equal access employer fully committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workplace.