Secretary (Evenings) | Lewis University
Posted on Oct 31, 2017
The Library at Lewis University invites applications for a Secretary to coordinate and perform responsible clerical and secretarial duties in the University Library. The Secretary will work evenings, Sunday-Thursday.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is a vigorous and growing institution located 25 miles SW of Chicago. Lewis University provides students a liberal arts-based and career-focused education, engaging students in the exploration and creation of academic, professional and personal opportunities in a supportive community. As a Catholic university in the Lasallian tradition, our approach is values-based and ethically-focused. For additional information see our website at http://www.lewisu.edu.
- Provide evening secretarial/clerical coordination of the Circulation functions of the library and equipment as required.
- In coordination with the Day Circulation Secretary, process I-Share/ILL requests.
- Serve as a customer services representative of the library during the evening and act as the first point of contact to meet, greet and provide assistance to students, faculty/staff and the public regarding the Circulation operations of the library.
- Answer telephone and email inquiries giving prompt and accurate information to students, faculty/staff and the public in a professional and courteous manner ensuring account confidentiality.
- In coordination with the Secretary 1, Library – Day Circulation, make recommendations for hiring, training, supervising, assigning and evaluating work tasks of the student workers.
- Serve as primary back-up to duties of Day Circulation Secretary.
- Assist technical services staff with basic item record maintenance duties, including processing and distribution/removal of physical materials, etc.
- Be proactive in keeping current with the ILS and future upgrades to the system.
- Assist in maintaining and enforcing library documentation regarding workflow, policies and procedures.
- Assist in special projects and/or activities.
Inspired by the University’s Mission values of Wisdom, Knowledge, Justice, Fidelity and Association, the Lewis Community declares that Lewis is a Sanctified Zone where people are committed to working to end racism, bias and prejudice by valuing diversity in a safe and nurturing environment.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. Applicants of a diverse background are highly encouraged to apply, however applications will only be accepted from individuals currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the United States.
- A high school diploma or equivalent credentials required.
- Proficiency in computer software (e.g. MS Office tools such as word processing, spreadsheets, etc.) with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills, close attention to details and the ability to work as a self-starter are strongly desired.
- Must be able to operate typical library equipment including pushing carts.
- Prior library experience
- Information literacy/knowledge of library functions and research techniques
- Some college level course work or Library Technical Assistant certification
One University Parkway
Romeoville, IL 60446
How to apply
For a full description and to be considered for this position visit http://jobs.lewisu.edu/postings/2704