Digital Services Specialist | Barrington Area Library
Posted on Oct 12, 2017
Do you think like a designer? Is DIY in your DNA? Looking for a rewarding opportunity to help customers create digital media and maker projects?
The Barrington Area Library is actively recruiting a full-time Digital Services Specialist who will work with a dynamic team, engaging our community through powerful digital services and creative experiences.
A successful candidate will:
- Develop, teach, and promote innovative technology and maker programs within the library and in the community through outreach activities.
- Provide technical guidance on a variety of applications, software, and makerspace equipment in a group setting and through one-to-one appointments.
- Plan and provide training opportunities for staff when appropriate.
- Deliver excellent service to customers of all ages and assist them with a variety of technologies, such as e-books, digital media production and personal devices.
- Prepare and maintain web content as appropriate.
- Troubleshoot basic equipment repairs within the maker space, digital studios, & game rooms.
- direct experience working with maker space technologies,
- hands-on knowledge of digital media creation and editing tools (e.g., Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, GarageBand, iMovie, mics, cameras),
- curiosity about emerging technologies and a passion for learning new things,
- a high comfort level for assisting users with a variety of technologies, such as CAD software, office productivity tools, the Internet, e-books, digital media production, personal devices and emerging technologies, and
- a proven ability to lead or assist with technology and maker workshops.
Additional requirement is possession of a Bachelor's degree or relevant previous work experience.
$23.52 - $35.28 per hour, DOQ
Barrington Area Library
505 N. Northwest Hwy.
Barrington, IL 60010
How to apply
Full-time benefits include PTO and IMRF. The work week is 37.5 hours, requiring flexibility in day, evening and weekend hours.