Children's Services Supervisor | Naperville Public Library
Posted on Sep 14, 2017
The Children's Services Supervisor:
- Provides operational leadership and oversees the development, implementation and evaluation of children’s services.
- Works in collaboration with the Management Team in establishing strategic goals for the Children’s Services Department and formulates effective plans, policies and procedures for implementing effective and efficient Library-wide children’s collections, services and programs.
- Fosters a culture of continued improvement and innovation in all related children’s services activities, including but not limited to collection management, children’s programming, delivery of reference services, early literacy, outreach, and community partnerships.
- Assists the Library Manager and staff in the administration of Library policies, goals and strategies.
- Functions as the lead in charge of all building issues while on duty as Person-In-Charge
- Works 40 hours per week
The benefits of this position include:
- Annual Vacation Accrual: 5 weeks per year
- Holidays: 7 days per year
- Annual sick Accrual: 12 days per year
- Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund
- Health Benefits available for 30+Hour Positions
ALA - Accredited MLS Degree required
- Demonstrated leadership in a public library
- Experience in Children’s Services
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to learn and use technology to advance customer and staff experience at the library
- Open to having fun and engaging with children, customers, staff, and the community to inform, inspire, and imagine
- Willingness to embrace Naperville Public Library values: innovation, service, excellence and adaptability
$26.59 per hour
Naperville Public Library
2035 S. Naper Blvd.
Naperville, IL 60565
How to apply
Interested applicants are encouraged to visit our website, https://www.naperville-lib.org/jobs, to carefully review the job description and work schedule and submit an online application.