Programming Specialist - Librarian I | Champaign Public Library
Posted on Sep 11, 2017
The Programming Specialist is responsible for providing innovative adult programming. This position develops, plans, coordinates, executes, and evaluates programs for adults. This position also:
- assists customers of all ages at public service desks with information and reference questions;
- assists and instructs customers with their use of library computers, personal electronic devices and other technologies;
- plans and presents library programs and performs collection development duties.
- demonstrates enthusiasm and curiosity about the changing world of public libraries;
- is customer focused and forward thinking;
- is knowledgeable about library materials and technology and is eager to share what they know with library customers.
Work schedule includes evening and weekend hours and the Programming Specialist may be in charge of the library building during those times.
- Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited institution or equivalent education and experience.
- The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, well spoken, and have a strong commitment to public service.
- Public library experience is preferred.
- Candidates must be able to lift and carry materials weighing up to 40 pounds and push fully loaded carts of library materials.
- Knowledge of Spanish is a plus.
Champaign Public Library
200 W. Green Street
Champaign, IL 61820
How to apply
Review the complete job description and apply online at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/champaignlib