Adult Services - Technology Services Librarian | Barrington Area Library
Posted on Jul 27, 2017
The Barrington Area Library is actively recruiting for a full-time Adult Services Librarian with an emphasis on providing technology services to our customers.
A successful candidate will:
- develop, teach, and promote innovative technology and maker programs both in the library and in the community through outreach activities,
- offer technical guidance on a variety of applications and makerspace equipment,
- troubleshoot device issues with users,
- deliver exceptional customer service,
- provide reference and reader’s advisory services, and
- contribute to the selection of materials for the adult collection as needed.
Sound like a good fit? Please read the full job description here.
This position requires scheduling flexibility to include day, evening, and weekend shifts and is classified as FLSA Exempt status. This position includes mandatory participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Pension Plan (IMRF), and vacation, sick, personal, and holiday benefits. Medical, dental, and life insurance plans are available, with some plans at no cost to the employee.
This position requires an ALA-accredited MLS.
The successful candidate will also have:
- direct experience working with maker space technologies
- hands-on knowledge of digital media creation and editing tools (e.g., Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, GarageBand, iMovie, mics, cameras)
- curiosity about emerging technologies and a passion for learning new things
- a high comfort level for assisting users with a variety of technologies, such as office productivity tools, the Internet, e-books, digital media production, personal devices, and emerging technologies, and
- the ability to lead or assist with technology and maker workshops.
$48,399 - $72,599
Barrington Area Library
505 N. Northwest Hwy
Barrington, IL 60010