Adult Services Librarian | Glencoe Public Library
Posted on Jul 11, 2017
Need more variety in your workday? The Glencoe Public Library is seeking someone who can do it all – research, readers' advisory, collection development, one-on-one help, tech troubleshooting, and more – as a member of our Adult Services team. Located north of Chicago on Lake Michigan, the Glencoe Public Library is a heavily used, well-loved library with a service population of 8,000. Recent MLS graduates are encouraged to apply.
Reports to the Head of Adult Services and works closely with all department staff.
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Provides professional reference services utilizing all library resources
- Keeps informed and current in the use or all resources available to assist with reference and readers advisory services to adults and young adults
- Plans, presents and/or facilitates programs of interest to library patrons
- Operates and performs routine diagnostic/maintenance of library equipment
- Represents the library at pertinent professional, educational and community activities
- Performs duties necessary for day-to-day library operations
This is a full time (37.5 hours per week) non-exempt position with evening and weekend hours.
- MLS degree from an ALA-accredited library school
- Knowledge of library services, including but not limited to reference methodology, readers assistance and selection of materials
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrable competency working with technology related to library resources including software, mobile devices and computers
- Excellent customer service skills
$43,429.00 - $54,287.00 Depending on qualifications. Includes benefits.
Glencoe Public Library
320 Park Ave.
Glencoe, IL 60022-1526
How to apply
Submit cover letter, resume and 3 professional contacts to: jobsAS@glencoepubliclibrary.org The closing date for receipt of applications is August 15, 2017.