Head of Reference & Reader Services | Plainfield Public Library District
Posted on Jul 11, 2017
Would you like to work with a team of highly-talented professionals who are creating and delivering rapidly-evolving 21st century library services to our community? As the Head of the Reference & Reader Services Department, you will be a key contributor in our leadership team, as we develop our strategic plan to educate, captivate and connect with our district of over 75,000 residents. We are seeking a forward-thinking, team-oriented professional to join us in these efforts.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities including, but not limited to:
- strong oral and written communication skills
- experience evaluating efficiencies and redesigning workflow
- collaborating on designing services both internally with other departments and externally with community partners
- creating and implementing initiatives and activities for adults in support of Library goals
- hiring, training and evaluating departmental staff
- managing a departmental budget and monitoring expenditures
- developing and maintaining print, non-print and online adult collections, including negotiating vendor contracts.
Qualifications include an ALA/MLS degree with a minimum of five years of professional adult public service experience, including three years of supervisory experience. Work hours include evenings, weekends, and mandatory workdays, and requires access to a vehicle.
Plainfield Public Library District
15025 S. Illinois St.
Plainfield, IL 60544
How to apply
For a complete job description and application instructions, please visit our employment page at: https://plainfieldpubliclibrary.org/about/employment/