Member Services Librarian, Technical Services | Cooperative Computer Services
Posted on Oct 1, 2019
Are you searching for a collaborative position serving the library community in Northern Illinois? Are you passionate about service excellence in dealing with libraries, their staff, vendors and constituents? Are you excited to help effect change within the library system? If so, the Member Services Librarian, Technical Services, may be the perfect opportunity for you. Our opportunity will foster and develop your passion for technology and utilize your relationship building skill sets to make an impact within our membership.
Cooperative Computer Services (CCS) supports 26 member libraries in the north and northwest suburbs of Chicago and the communities they serve by providing ILS training, support and consulting. For additional information regarding our organization, please visit us at www.CCSLib.org.
In this position, you’ll develop and train on metadata best practices, coach library staff through fiscal year roll overs and build effective documentation to empower our members. CCS is a member-driven organization and relationship building is a key component of our work and in this role. In addition to leading on-site training at member libraries, you will also represent CCS in local, regional and national committees to build a strong network of library professionals.
HOW YOU’LL SERVE OUR ORGANIZATION:
- Develop and lead ILS training and other continuing education opportunities for member libraries
- Provide technical support and consulting to member libraries, specializing in technical services
- Assist with the onboarding and training of new member libraries
- Develop, lead and present an ongoing training curriculum for cataloging, acquisitions and serials
- Centrally manage econtent imports and updates
- Identify relevant continuing education opportunities for library staff
- Design and create diverse types of training material, including videos and screencasts
- Build relationships with member library staff through networking meetings, on-site visits and remote support
WHAT WE ASK FOR:
- Master’s degree in library science or a related field plus 2 years of relevant experience
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups of members with wide-ranging skill levels and needs
- Knowledge and experience with producing training materials
- Prior, documented experience with Integrated Library Systems required. Experience with Polaris ILS a plus, but will train the right candidate
- Experience with MARC, RDA, OCLC bibliographic formats and standards, BIBFRAME required
- Experience with a diverse set of web-based tools, including learning and project management systems/software preferred
- Desire and ability to stay abreast of current technology and library trends
WHAT WE OFFER:
CCS offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Four (4) weeks of paid vacation
- Generous employer retirement contributions
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible scheduling options
- Robust professional development.
Click here for full job description.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
Salary starts at $53,215 - $66,519 DOQ
Cooperative Computer Services
3355 N. Arlington Heights Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60004
How to apply
If this impactful position sounds compelling and you embrace new technology and library trends, please submit your resume and cover letter to:firstname.lastname@example.org.