Youth Librarian | Chillicothe Public Library District
Posted on Aug 30, 2019
A professional position responsible for the provision of reference, readers' advisory services, and collection development for all formats of children’s and young adult materials. This position is also invested with making professional-level library decisions requiring considerable knowledge, skill and ability in every phase of the public library field, particularly relative to youth materials and services.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Directs and supervises the operations of the Children's and Young Adult library services including programming, collection development and collection maintenance.
- Coordinates Children's & YA service operations with other library services and functions.
- Provides exceptional Reference & Reader’s Advisory services primarily for Children’s & YA users.
- Creates offsite programs that encourage literacy and library use.
- Assists in promoting library use, especially programs and services of the children's service.
- Evaluates and selects materials for library acquisition.
Preferred: MLS or MLIS from an accredited college or university plus at least one year of public library experience.
Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree (any field) and 3 years’ experience in public library work, with progressive responsibility in Children’s & Young Adult services.
Salary range: $35,000 to $48,000. Benefits include: Paid vacation and sick leave, healthcare (including vision & dental), and participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund pension plan.
Chillicothe Public Library District
430 N. Bradley Ave
Chillicothe, IL 61523
How to apply
Please email inquiries and resumes to: Mary Aylmer @ email@example.com
Or send to: Chillicothe Public Library District, c/o Mary Aylmer, 430 N. Bradley Ave, Chillicothe, IL 61523