Library Director | Itasca Community Library
Posted on Jul 25, 2019
The Board of Trustees of the Itasca Community Library is seeking a Library Director who is passionate about expanding the role of the library in our community by building partnerships, working with local government, and leading change.
Reporting to a 7-member elected board, the director will manage a staff of 21 and an annual budget of approximately $1.5 million. The Village of Itasca services a population of 8,649 and is located in DuPage County, Illinois.
- Minimum of five years of relevant work experience including three years of library experience at a responsible administrative / leadership level strongly desired.
- Has an understanding of the financial operations of libraries and possesses strong fiscal management skills.
- Knowledge of public library administration and functions.
- Establishes organizational goals and objectives that support the library's strategic initiatives, communicates expectations, and provides the resources necessary for success.
- The ability to support and promote organizational values including innovation, trust, staff participation, and team management.
- Experience with morale building and team management while maintaining a highly positive work environment for staff.
- Ability to convey the value of the library to stakeholders, including other units of government, community groups, and patrons.
- Masters Degree in library science from an ALA accredited program is required.
- Essential attributes and skills include: excellent writing and communication skills; confident presentation skills; political acumen; collaborative and consensus building skills; strong organizational and time management skills.
Starting at $75,000 based on qualifications and experience, full benefits package
Itasca Community Library
500 W. Irving Park Road
Itasca, IL 60143
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and the names of three professional references to email@example.com.
First consideration will be given to applicants who respond on or before August 16, 2019.