Youth Programming Librarian | Green Hills Public Library District
Posted on May 30, 2019
The Green Hills Public Library District is seeking a creative and enthusiastic librarian to continue the Library's current trend of planning and implementing popular and innovative programming and outreach to children, teens, and families. The ideal candidate is excited to develop engaging programs for all ages, understands the recreational and educational needs of children and teens, and is dedicated to creating positive library experiences for all community members. This position reports to the Head of Youth Services.
- Provides uniformly gracious and friendly service to all.
- Coordinates the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of programs for children, teens, and families to be conducted by self, other Youth Services staff, or outside presenters.
- Researches, makes contact with, and negotiates with potential program presenters.
- Coordinates room set up for programs.
- Adheres to the youth programming budget, keeping a record of all expenditures.
- Maintains program records, including but not limited to correspondence, contracts, check requests, tax documents, receipts, and program attendance.
- Submits newsletter copy for Youth Services programs.
- Participates in outreach efforts of the Youth Services Department.
- Assists patrons in the full use of the Library and its digital and print resources, including reference and readers advisory service.
- Assists patrons with technology-related issues. Troubleshoots problems and notifies appropriate staff of complex issues.
- Participates in collection development and maintenance.
- Participates in Library marketing, publicity, and display.
- Assists with gathering of statistical data.
- Supervises volunteers as part of youth volunteer program.
- Engages in professional development relevant to library services for children, teens, and families.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Paid holidays, vacation, sick leave
- Medical, vision, dental, life insurance
- Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund
- Continuing education opportunities
- Master's Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited program.
- Minimum two years of experience in a library; public library experience preferred.
- Minimum one year of experience working with youth.
- Valid Driver's License, proof of insurance, and access to a vehicle to be used for Library business.
$18.82-$19.76 per hour (DOQ), plus competitive benefits package
Green Hills Public Library District
10331 S. Interlochen Drive
Palos Hills, IL 60465
How to apply
Please submit resume along with the Green Hills Public Library District employment application, which can be found at greenhillslibrary.org/about/employment. No phone calls, please. Applications and resumes may be submitted online or in-person at the Library.
The Green Hills Public Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants for all positions are subject to a background check.
Applications may be emailed to email@example.com.