Acquisition Assistant | Woodridge Public Library
Posted on May 22, 2019
The Woodridge Public Library is seeking an enthusiastic, innovative and service-oriented Acquisitions Assistant who is technologically-savvy and self-motivated. The successful candidate for this Acquisitions Assistant position will have excellent interpersonal communication skills, an eye for details, ability to work with a diverse user group both internally and externally, and have a proven track record of exceptional customer service. This position has primary responsibility for materials management of library materials.
- Responsible for the acquisitions process for all library collections materials
- Perform accounts payable duties related to the department.
- Create on-order items in the library’s ILS by importing electronically or manually creating temporary bibliographic information after searing the ILS for duplications.
- Work with multiple vendors to order items electronically or manually based on selector requests, price, availability, and formats.
- Receiving incoming shipments, create and verify invoices on the library’s ILS, reconcile discrepancies with vendors and adjust the electronic acquisitions fund record, routing materials for further preparation, then approve and submit invoices to the business office with proper fund account information.
- Maintain current and accurate digital and paper files. This includes but is not limited to automatic shipments, standing order files, and purchase orders.
Benefits include 2 weeks of vacation plus sick and personal leave allowances, 7 paid holidays, health insurance, Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (pension plan), and availability of 457 savings plan.
Requirements & Skills:
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Minimum of two years related experience working in a technical services department or four years of similar experience requiring computer expertise and performance of highly detailed work.
- Demonstrated functional knowledge of current cataloging practices.
- Flexibility and a high degree of comfort with change.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Acquisitions and/or bookkeeping, and SIRSI Dynix experience is a plus.
- Criminal background check required.
- Associate’s Degree or LTA certification, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Woodridge Public Library
3 Plaza Dr.
Woodridge, IL 60517
How to apply
Application Deadline: June 17, 2019
Application Note: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and employment application, along with three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Woodridge Public Library, Human Resources, 3 Plaza Dr., Woodridge, IL 60517.
Please see the full position description and employment application at http://www.woodridgelibrary.org/employment for more information regarding this employment opportunity.
No phone calls, please. The Woodridge Public Library is an equal opportunity, equal access employer.