Business and Data Reference Librarian | SIU Edwardsville
Posted on Mar 9, 2019
Business and Data Reference Librarian, Ast or Asc Professor
Job Description Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, Library and Information Services invites applications from dynamic, proactive, and service-oriented candidates for the position of Business & Data Reference Librarian. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, innovative, collegial, user-focused librarian who works with faculty and students to meet their teaching, learning, research and publication needs.
As a member of the library faculty, this position participates in library governance activities, provides expertise regarding innovations and trends relating to the discovery and access of library materials, contributes to creative and scholarly research, and participates in campus-wide committees.
Reporting to the Interim Dean, the selected candidate will:
- Encourage faculty and staff in the discipline to integrate the library’s resources into their curricula, research projects, and work with students.
- Lead in providing a variety of liaison services designed to support teaching, learning and research and to enhance user satisfaction.
- Lead in the library’s initiative to use data reference and visualization to represent library resources and services as well as participate with university faculty and other constituency groups to represent and/or preserve data.
- In a team environment, lead in the development of policies, procedures, and workflows and assessment for data collection and visualization.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Liaison to the School of Business including Accounting, Computer Management and Information Systems, Economics and Finance and Management and Marketing.
- Manage collections in support of relevant curricula and research including selecting and assessing data resources and digital and print collections.
- Develops best practices to collect, analyze, preserve, and provide access to research data
- Develops and delivers effective information literacy instruction sessions in accordance with the ACRL Framework.
- Develops and maintains online learning objects which includes tutorials and LibGuides for undergraduate and graduate students to support business research and practice.
- Provides research consultation and reference services using a broad range of digital tools such as chat, email and print resources.
- Supports research endeavors of business faculty, undergraduate and graduate students.
- Works evenings and weekends as needed.
Minimum Qualifications -M.L.S. from an American Library Association-accredited library/information school. -Bachelor’s degree in business or a relevant subject field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required -Experience with business resources and serving the needs of business researchers. -Experience or demonstrated interest in teaching undergraduate and graduate student populations. -Experience in designing general and subject specific library instruction sessions. -Experience with cultivating or building partnerships and working collaboratively with faculty and academic program staff.
Preferred Qualifications -Master’s degree in business or a relevant subject field. -Experience in performing a variety of library outreach and liaison activities to faculty and students in Business. -Familiarity with assessment techniques to measure the impact and effectiveness of business and data programs and services.
All LIS faculty and staff are responsible for working collaboratively to achieve University and LIS goals and objectives.
Source of Funds State
Salary Minimum of $50,000. Negotiable dependent upon credentials and experience. We welcome early career librarians. Salary is dependent upon post-MLS experience and credentials. Excellent benefits program.
Terms of Appointment Assistant or Associate Professor, 12-month continuing contract, tenure-track position. To successfully achieve tenure, the successful candidate must demonstrate continued achievement in librarianship, scholarship and service in order to meet library and University criteria for tenure and promotion.
SIUE is a state university - benefits under state sponsored plans may not be available to holders of F1 or J1 visas.
Applicants will be subject to a background check prior to an offer of employment.
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workforce. We will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, national origin, religion, disability, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation or veteran’s status. We encourage applications from women, minorities, protected veterans and people with disabilities.
he SIUE Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at http://www.siue.edu/securityreport. The report contains campus safety and security information, crime statistics, fire safety policies, and fire statistics for the previous three calendar years. This report is published in compliance with Federal law, titled the “Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act” and the Higher Education Opportunity Act also known as the “Campus Fire Safety Right to Know.” For those without computer access, a paper copy of the report may be obtained, with a 24-hour notice, from the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Administration, Rendleman Hall, Room 2228, 618-650-2536.
SIU Edwardsville Lovejoy Library
30 Hairpin Dr.
Edwardsville, IL 62026
How to apply
Application Process To apply, submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae/resume, contact information for three professional references, and copies/scans of all transcripts to: email@example.com or mail to:
Business & Data Reference Librarian Search Committee Southern Illinois University Edwardsville Lovejoy Library, Campus Box 1063 Edwardsville, IL 62026-1063
Application Deadline All application materials must be received by March 22, 2019.