Information Literacy/Instruction Librarian | Oakton Community College
Posted on Nov 28, 2018
Oakton Community College seeks to fill one full-time, tenure-track library position beginning with the 2019-2020 academic year. The successful applicant will be qualified and able to develop, promote, and maintain learning objects that integrate information literacy, and take a leadership role in assessing information literacy outcomes throughout the college’s curriculum. Applicants well-versed with universal design, open educational resources, and/or programming related to student success programming such as first year experience are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must be strong communicators and effective classroom facilitators who enjoy teaching in a student-centered environment.
Candidates committed to working in a culturally competent environment are especially valued at Oakton. Cultural competence integrates and transforms knowledge about individuals and groups of people into specific standards, policies, practices, and attitudes used in appropriate cultural settings to increase the quality of services provided.
Applicants should be current and skilled in their use of evolving technologies, active in promoting critical thinking, and committed to challenging our students to be knowledgeable, ethical, and capable global citizens. Oakton is seeking enthusiastic faculty who are committed to innovation in college-level teaching and learning, and interested in non-traditional delivery of instruction.
- Master's degree from a program accredited by the American Library Association
- Experience in reference and instruction services in an academic library to a diverse patron community
- Familiarity with online systems such as learning management systems (LMS) and other educational technologies
- A second master's degree and teaching experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience planning and leading the assessment of information literacy as a general education learning outcome to develop students' information literacy is strongly preferred
- Experience in both collaboratively and independently designing, implementing, and assessing library instructional services is strongly preferred
- Demonstrable knowledge of instructional design services through the development, testing, and evaluation of learning objects, materials, tools, and technical documentation is strongly preferred
- Demonstrable knowledge of the development of LibGuides to support the role of the library as a partner in teaching is strongly preferred
- Demonstrable knowledge of developing, supporting, incorporating, or working with open educational resources OERs, open access, or digital instructional materials is strongly preferred
- Demonstrable knowledge of universal design principles and accessible technology is strongly preferred
- Experience coordinating library programming for first year experience and student success services is preferred
- Experience as liaison with college divisions to develop collaborative, productive relationships with faculty is preferred
The minimum salary in the hiring range is $51,927 and the maximum is $63,463. Additional pay is received for teaching overloads and summer assignments.
Oakton Community College
1600 E Golf Rd
Des Plaines, IL 60016
How to apply
To view job listing and apply, click here: https://oakton.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=105177
To become an applicant, interested individuals must complete the online application linked from the posting found on the Oakton website. Electronic copies of a cover letter, resume/cv, list of three (3) references with contact information, two letters of recommendation and transcripts must be submitted by the applicant via uploading to the Oakton employment website. Please indicate the position code (LIB-19) on the cover letter.
Please contact Matthew Robitaille, Employment Coordinator at 847.635.1868 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter any difficulties with electronic submission of these documents.