Head of Adult Services | Addison Public Library
Posted on Nov 20, 2018
The Addison Public Library is seeking a leader to oversee the cultivation of creative thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, and resourceful users of information. The ideal candidate is friendly, enthusiastic, and customer-focused who is an expert at ready reference, reader’s advisory, and assisting patrons with basic technology. You’ll also have the opportunity to work on special projects and participate on library-wide committees.
What you need to be successful:
- A positive attitude
- Ability to think quickly and stay poised in difficult situations
- Self-motivation and the ability to inspire staff
- Ability to solve problems quickly and think creatively
- Passion for connecting patrons to resources
- Drive to evaluate patrons needs and create experiences to meet them
What we offer:
- Educational opportunities and encouragement for professional growth
- A diverse community that actively uses and supports its public library
- An organizational culture that embraces change and supports trying new ideas
- Comprehensive benefits package including employer-paid health and life insurance and IMRF
- Four weeks of vacation plus sick leave, personal days, and paid holidays
What you’ll be doing:
- Coordinating the planning, scheduling, presentation, and evaluation of programs and services.
- Mentoring staff to embrace and lead 21st-century librarianship.
- Serving patrons primarily inside the building through programs, services, desk coverage, and behavior monitoring; there will be opportunities to represent the Library out in the community.
- Working with the Leadership Team to improve staff and patron experiences.
Please review the complete job description to better understand the responsibilities and expectations.
Education: MLS from an ALA-accredited institution.
Experience: Three years of library experience involving Adult Services and one year of supervisory experience.
Required to work evening and weekend hours.
Access to transportation.
We strongly encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply especially those with bilingual (Spanish/English or Polish/English) skills.
$50,829 - $76,243 DOQ; $63,536 is the midpoint of the salary range and reserved for candidates who exceed the minimum qualifications and have significant, direct experience.
Addison Public Library
4 Friendship Plaza
Addison, IL 60101
How to apply
Please send cover letter and resume no later than Wednesday, December 12th to Mary Medjo Me Zengue (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include Head of Adult Services in the subject line.