Director of Distinctive Collections & Preservation Services | Illinois State University, Milner Library
Posted on Oct 22, 2018
Illinois State University's Milner Library seeks an innovative, forward-thinking, and collaborative librarian with expertise in preservation for a 12-month, tenure-track faculty position. The Director will be responsible for providing vision and leadership for four mutually supportive units: Special Collections, the Jo Ann Rayfield University Archives, the Center for Preservation and Conservation, and Digital Collections. Appointment will be at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank.
Applicants must have a master’s degree in library or information science from an ALA-accredited program or ALA-recognized foreign equivalent as well as a second master’s degree, certificate of advanced studies, or a doctorate in library/information science or a subject discipline by date of appointment. The position start date will be July 1, 2019. For a complete description please visit posting number 0711151 at https://www.jobs.ilstu.edu.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
- Master's degree in library or information science from an ALA-accredited program or ALA-recognized foreign equivalent.
- A second master’s degree, certificate of advanced studies, or a doctorate in library/information science or a subject discipline by date of appointment.
- Minimum of 3-years supervisory experience with demonstrated ability to lead, develop, and mentor personnel.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in planning and overseeing complex projects, meeting deadlines, and prioritizing work in alignment with the goals of the unit, library, and university.
- Experience in either special collections or archives with a strong preference for experience in both areas.
- Knowledge and experience in most aspects of library preservation practices, technologies, and methodologies, including digital preservation.
- Familiarity with trends in library technology related to digitization.
- Evidence of strong commitment to customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Potential to meet university requirements for tenure, including scholarly or creative activities and service.
Commensurate with experience
Illinois State University
Campus Box 8900
Normal, IL 61790-8900
How to apply
Apply online by visiting posting number 0711151at https://www.jobs.ilstu.edu
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.