Head of Account Services | Plainfield Public Library District
Posted on Jul 2, 2018
Plainfield Library is seeking a Head of Account Services (formerly Circulation Services). This position, under the direction of the Library Director, is responsible for professional leadership and management of the Account Services Department and serves as a member of the Management team.
Some of the primary duties of the position:
- Hires, trains, schedules and performs time-keeping for up to 20 employees.
- Evaluates, coaches and counsels staff, resolves conflict as needed.
- Collaborates with all departments and serves on library committees to enhance library services and implement library-wide projects.
- Responsible for development and implementation of Account Services initiatives and activities supporting the Library’s strategic plan.
- Collaborates with the management team on long-term needs, improvements, and innovations in services, policies, and procedures.
- Oversees interlibrary loan services and home delivery services.
- Creates statistical reports related to customer accounts.
- Ensures efficient and accurate shelving of materials by shelving staff.
- Prepares and monitors Account Services budget.
- Creates and processes reports to ensure the integrity of the customer database.
- Oversees cash handling and point of sale procedures.
Expectations for this position:
- Provides consistent, gracious and friendly service to internal and external customers.
- Actively pursues opportunities to increase knowledge of current technology and library trends. Distributes and communicates appropriately to management team and staff.
- Understands library policies and procedures, uses judgment in their application to the public, while safeguarding confidential and restricted information.
- Assumes responsibility for the operation and security of the library as needed, as the Person in Charge, in the absence of the Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Library Technical Assistant’s certificate.
- Five years’ experience in Circulation in a public or academic library.
- Five years’ experience in a supervisory role.
- Knowledge of Polaris preferred.
Plainfield Public Library is a suburban library, serving a population of over 75,000 people from several communities. Plainfield is located in Will County and bordered by Naperville to the north and Joliet to the south. Plainfield can be conveniently accessed by I-55, Route 30 and Route 59.
The Plainfield Public Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary from $58,000 commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package, IMRF.
Plainfield Public Library District
15025 S Illinois Street
Plainfield, IL 60544
How to apply
Please visit our website for complete job description and application: PlainfieldPublicLibrary.org/about/employment/
Please send completed job application, cover letter with résumé, and customer service philosophy statement to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Application deadline: July 24, 2018