Youth Services Supervisor | Freeport Public Library
Posted on Jun 11, 2018
Freeport Public Library is looking for a creative, energetic, tech-savvy and service-oriented leader for our Youth Services Department. This person will:
- Manage all aspects of youth services including collection development, programming, family and literacy services, and staff.
- Work with the library's management team to solve problems and implement the goals of Freeport Public Library
- Lead staff as they explore ways to serve families and youth while engaging with the community.
- Develop and build a strong relationship between the schools and the library
- Provide reference and readers' advisory services at the youth services desk
- Actively promote library services, materials and programs to customers
- Actively build relationships and partnerships with area organizations and businesses that serve families and youth
This is a full time position, 40 hours per week, and the work schedule will include nights and weekends. Spanish language skills are a plus.
The City of Freeport Public Library is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment based on race, religion, sex, age, national origin, color, ancestry, marital status, or mental or physical handicaps.
The successful candidate will have a Master's degree in library and information science from an ALA accredited program and 3-5 years’ experience working in Youth Services setting.
Salary range is $43-48K
Freeport Public Library
100 E. Douglas St.
Freeport, IL 61032-4116
How to apply
Friday, June 27, 2018
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to Emily Klonicki, Executive Director.
By Mail: Emily Klonicki, 100 E. Douglas St. Freeport, IL 61035