Adult Services Supervisor | Freeport Public Library
Posted on May 11, 2018
Freeport Public Library is looking for a creative, energetic, tech-savvy and service-oriented leader for our Adult Services Department. This person will:
- Manage all aspects of adult services including collection development, programs, computer and tech classes, services and staff.
- Work with the library's management team to solve problems and implement the goals of Freeport Public Library.
- Lead staff as they explore ways to serve adults and engage with the community.
- Provide reference and readers' advisory services at the information desk.
- Actively promote library services, materials and programs to customers.
- Actively build relationships and partnerships with area organizations and businesses that serve adults.
- Assist customers with a variety of technology services.
The successful candidate will have a Master's degree in library and information science from an ALA accredited program or a Bachelor’s degree and five to eight years’ experience in increasingly responsible and successful library management.
This is a full time, 40 hours per week position, and the work schedule will include nights and weekends. Experience with website content management is a plus.
Freeport Public Library
100 E. Douglas St.
Freeport, IL 61032
How to apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Emily Klonicki, Executive Director, by Friday, June 1, 2018.